At Texas Breast Specialists-Bedford, our multidisciplinary team of medical professionals provides patients with the most advanced, patient-friendly cancer care available. Our team consists of a medical oncologist, a radiation oncologist and a certified Breast Cancer Patient Navigator.
Patients of Texas Breast Specialists-Bedford benefit from our leading-edge medical services and our participation in innovative research programs.
In addition, our support services team is committed to addressing the educational, emotional, financial and nutritional needs of our patients. We deliver all of this with a level of personalized care and convenience not typically found in large metropolitan facilities.
Formerly known as the Breast Care Center of North Texas, Texas Breast Specialists-Bedford was designed by three female physicians with more than thirty collective years dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. Opened in December 1999, Texas Breast Specialists-Bedford is dedicated to providing the highest level of care in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer patients.
Texas Breast Specialists-Bedford has the resources to help you fight your battle with cancer. We offer a full range of leading-edge treatment options at high levels of care and convenience. We strive to bring brighter futures to cancer patients and help improve cancer survival rates.
Description of Services
- Convenient, in-office, minimally invasive ultrasound-directed breast biopsies
- Surgery including lumpectomy, sentinel node biopsy, skin sparing mastectomy with reconstruction when necessary
- In-office consultations available with a radiation oncologist and medical oncologist to provide a smooth continuum of care
- N.E.A.T. Program® (Nutrition, Exercise and Attitudes for Tomorrow) offers exercise and nutrition classes specifically designed for breast cancer patients
- On-site support group that meets monthly and offers partner group meetings for patient spouses.
- Our Patient Emotional Care Program provides support from a licensed Ph.D. social worker for emotional issues arising as a result of having breast disease. Services include pre-surgery assessment, post-surgery assessment and after-care counseling either individually or in group sessions.
- Lymphedema Physical Therapy. Lymphedema, or swelling of the arm following surgery or radiation to the underarm area, occurs infrequently. Patients will be given instructions to decrease the likelihood of developing lymphedema. Fortunately, only a small percentage of patients experience chronic problems with lymphedema. We work with lymphedema-certified physical therapists to improve the circulation of lymphatic fluid and decrease the lymphedema.
- Genetic counseling and testing
Cancer Care Pathways
We offer a physician-led initiative to identify and document “best practices” information that will help ensure the consistent delivery of quality-driven, evidence-based treatment recommendations.
Current Breast Cancer Pathways include: Adjuvant Breast Cancer Pathway; Metastatic Breast Cancer Pathway; Breast Cancer Radiation Oncology Pathway.
If you are making an appointment with Dr. Angela Seda please download this form.